Culture, art and science
Everything in a sole city
Less than 30 km from The Agritourism Le Muraglie, you can visit Padova, one of the ancient Italian cities, the cradle of knowledge and one of the first Universities headquarters in the world.
The so-called city of Saint is a concentration of history, culture, innovation and a pilgrim’s destination from all over the world thanks to Saint Anthony.
Among the most interesting places in Padova we find:
- Prato della Valle, one of the biggest square in Europe
- Botanical garden, founded in 1545: the most ancient in its collocation around the world
- Saint Anthony Church(Basilica di San Antonio)
- Saint Giustina Church (Basilica di Santa Giustina), one of the biggest churches in the Christian history
- Scrovegni Chapel(Cappella degli Scrovegni), famous for its 300 s frescos of Giotto
- Pedrocchi Cafè
- Museum “La Specola”, an astronomical observatory famous for its studies and the discoveries of Galileo Galilei
- The Clock Tower
- Palazzo Bo, site of the historic University of Padua
- Palazzo della Ragione, with one the biggest elevated Hall in the world